Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

Old December 11th 07, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike F from TN

Default I/O Error 0x8007045d

Noggin, your post in this thread helped me too. See my post titled "Backup
failure 0x8007045D (I/O device error)". After doing your suggested settings,
my complete backup went perfectly. I will now consider my post solved, but
have a question for you: will this procedure be required each time I do a
complete backup? Reason I ask is that I have no problem backing up files,
it's just the complete backup that was causing problems. Thanks.

"noggin1228" wrote:

Happened to me too in both file backup and computer backup. I supposed MS will address in the future. For now, go to the system settings and uncheck the drives so they no longer create shadow copies (restore function in Vista). Apply the new settings to erase all existing shadow copies. Then reset by checking the boxes you unchecked. Now try to backup the whole computer again. It appears a shadow copy error is conflicting with the backup process. Once you delete all shadow copies (restore points) it will work.

I'm running Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200
4 gig RAM
RAID 0
Vista Ultimate

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Old January 25th 08, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
uhaulkid

Default Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

noggin1228;2710295 Wrote:
Happened to me too in both file backup and computer backup. I supposed
MS will address in the future. For now, go to the system settings and
uncheck the drives so they no longer create shadow copies (restore
function in Vista). Apply the new settings to erase all existing shadow
copies. Then reset by checking the boxes you unchecked. Now try to
backup the whole computer again. It appears a shadow copy error is
conflicting with the backup process. Once you delete all shadow copies
(restore points) it will work.

I'm running Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200
4 gig RAM
RAID 0
Vista Ultimate

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

i have tried this with no preval. iam runiing vista ult with a 150 gig
raptor 4 gigs corc air ram and im tringin to back up to a wd usb 1
terbite. nothing. it gets to the end of the first step and gives me
the the error. any more fixes since the last post here?

--
uhaulkid
uhaulkid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40268

http://forums.techarena.in

Old January 28th 08, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
CMShepard

This problem seems to be widespread. You might want to
read this forum. I just entered the error code in a web search engine
and got many hits.
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...8722&SiteID=17

Old May 12th 08, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Queen

I'm having the same problem when i'm just copying files onto a usb
drive. I tried the shadow copies method and it still doesn't work. I
also saw someone mentioning permission problems as a possible cause of
this and I checked and that didn't work...any other ideas anyone?

--
Queen
Old July 2nd 08, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kent

For whatever its worth, I had the same problem with a Dell Dimension E520
with internal DVD burner/reader. Inserting a brand new DVD solved the
problem.
--
Kent

Old September 10th 09, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gordon[_9_]

"girl12345" wrote in message

i have a compaq cq50.
this error occurs when i try to put a game onto one of my memory sd
cards.
is there anyway in which i can correct this so the error no longer
occurs
thanks

What exactly do you mean by "trying to put a game onto an SD card"?
What exactly are you trying to do?

Old February 16th 10, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
swap4naidu

Hi, i am using HP Pavilion DV 6 1330ev laptop editon. I have Transcend
store jet elite 1.0.3 version. two days back i tried to copy some from
laptop to external hard disk which 160 GB size, but i showing Error
0x8007045D: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device
error thise kind of error. Here my operating system is Windows 7.
what i have to do solve this problem. please support me in this issue.
other wise send me direct mail to this id :

Please request is very urgent

--
swap4naidu
swap4naidu's Profile: