Vista Banter

-   -   Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D) (http://www.vistabanter.com/33978-unsuccessful-backup-i-o-device-error-0x8007045d.html)

Clarker March 24th 07 06:11 PM

Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I cannot
create a backup of recovery files on a DVD-R disc. Everything starts off
fine, then at the end this error comes up:

The backup did not complete successfully. An error occured. The following
information might help you reslove the error. The request could not be
performed because of an i/o device error (0x8007045D)

Please help me. Much appreciated.

Woody March 24th 07 09:29 PM

Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

You might get an educated answer if you put a little information in your
post like computer type, drive type etc. Lacking that use some of that
customer support from whomever you bought it from. Find out if the hardware,
software, drivers are all Vista ready.

Clarker March 27th 07 11:23 PM

Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

Here are my computer specs:
Hewlett-Packard - Pavilion 4600+ Desktop a1730n
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor 4600+; 1GB DDR2 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
drive; LightScribe labeling; 320GB hard drive; Windows Vista Home Premium

I am trying to make a backup disk of recovery data from drive D.
I assume the programs would be Vista ready as everything was included with
the computer. However you just never know, I will try and contact customer
support also as suggested.

Thanks again.

noggin1228 March 30th 07 12:03 PM

I/O Error 0x8007045d

Happened to me too in both file backup and computer backup. I supposed MS will address in the future. For now, go to the system settings and uncheck the drives so they no longer create shadow copies (restore function in Vista). Apply the new settings to erase all existing shadow copies. Then reset by checking the boxes you unchecked. Now try to backup the whole computer again. It appears a shadow copy error is conflicting with the backup process. Once you delete all shadow copies (restore points) it will work.

I'm running Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200
4 gig RAM
RAID 0
Vista Ultimate

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Juan Carlos Sotos July 13th 07 03:56 AM

I/O Error 0x8007045d

Hi, I am having simillar problem with my Toshiba Satellite M30. I am trying
to back up my files copying them to a blank DVD-R but the computer doesn't
seem to recognise the disk and the same message appears: The request cannot
be performed because of an I/O device error. Any suggestions please? I am
going crazy here. Thank you very much.
--
JC Sotos

[email protected] July 15th 07 02:33 AM

I/O Error 0x8007045d

SAME PROBLEM

AMD 2.2 Ghz
ATI Radeon
1 GB RAM
4 Drives.
One external, WD My book 500 GB.
Vista Ultimate

I try to use different software to do a backup to the WD drive, and I
get the Error 0x8007045D.
I tried to move large files (almost a GB in size) to the WD drive, and
I get the same error.
I have tried to move the exact same file from two other different
drives, to the WD drive, and it gave the same error message.

I think MSFT needs to determine what is causing this issue, since it
appears to be happening to numerous people with very different
setups.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com- Hide quoted text -

[email protected] August 4th 07 01:21 PM

I/O Error 0x8007045d

Same problem over here too.
I'm able to copy smaller files (3 GB and under), but not my entire
"music" folder which is 40 GB or so from my IDE backup drive to my
RAID 0 SATA array. Getting the exact same error.
Now, since files 3 GB or less copy, but rather slowly, I think it
might have something to do with the paging file or virtual memory. I
have it set to 3 GB. Not sure but I keep hearing about a hotfix M$
made but you need to call their support and possibly pay for the
hotfix? This is ridiculous to me and I won't try it.
Anyone else have any luck?

Elsiehar November 26th 07 06:25 AM

I/O Error 0x8007045d

Thanks heaps noggin1228,
It worked...amazing!...I was starting to get really frustrated!!