Trojan and Keylogger immediately after install

Old March 27th 07, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Young Mandy

Default Trojan and Keylogger immediately after install

Immediately after I install Vista Business (before I connect to the
internet) one of my spyware checkers (XSOFT) finds two problems:-

1 PCTattletate File Keylogger C:\Windows\System32\winload.exe SEVERE RISK
2 Troj/Agent Host File Item Trojan local host Severe Risk

XSOFT will not allow me to remove these as they are in use????

I have run three other spyware/virus checkers and not one of these have
found anything.
My main AV is Norton and it has not found anything

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Old March 27th 07, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Tom

Probably a false positive.

Old March 27th 07, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke

Young Mandy wrote:
Immediately after I install Vista Business (before I connect to the
internet) one of my spyware checkers (XSOFT) finds two problems:-

1 PCTattletate File Keylogger C:\Windows\System32\winload.exe SEVERE RISK
2 Troj/Agent Host File Item Trojan local host Severe Risk

XSOFT will not allow me to remove these as they are in use????

I have run three other spyware/virus checkers and not one of these have
found anything.
My main AV is Norton and it has not found anything

Please see the answers you have already received in your other thread.
Please don't multipost like this; it makes more work for everyone. Here
is a link explaining that:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Old March 28th 07, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jesper

1. Is this a clean install or an upgrade from XP?
2. Did you use OEM or Microsoft media to install from?
3. What else did you install afterward but before you noticed the problem?
4. Is your install 32 or 64-bit?

Old March 28th 07, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Young Mandy

"Malke" wrote in message
Young Mandy wrote:
[...]

Apologies; YES you are 100% correct about multiposting...............just
when I first posted it did not show up in here for at least 5 hours
Sorry

Old March 28th 07, 05:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Young Mandy

"Jesper" wrote in message
1. Is this a clean install or an upgrade from XP?
2. Did you use OEM or Microsoft media to install from?
3. What else did you install afterward but before you noticed the problem?
4. Is your install 32 or 64-bit?

1 Clean Install (three times)
2 Genuine OEM Copy of Microsoft Business (32 Bit)
3 First Time after quite a few known software programs that I have always
used on my previous XP set up.
Second Time immediately after install, updates to Vista
Third Time, just Vista Business Operating System (no internet connection)
with Xsoft
4 32 Bit

If anyone else is about to install Vista Business I can send them the Xsoft
software with code to analyse it

Old April 3rd 07, 05:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Young Mandy

"Young Mandy" wrote in message

"Jesper" wrote in message
1. Is this a clean install or an upgrade from XP?
2. Did you use OEM or Microsoft media to install from?
3. What else did you install afterward but before you noticed the
problem?
4. Is your install 32 or 64-bit?

1 Clean Install (three times)
2 Genuine OEM Copy of Microsoft Business (32 Bit)
3 First Time after quite a few known software programs that I have always
used on my previous XP set up.
Second Time immediately after install, updates to Vista
Third Time, just Vista Business Operating System (no internet
connection) with Xsoft
4 32 Bit

If anyone else is about to install Vista Business I can send them the
Xsoft software with code to analyse it

Just an update..................only had Vista on PC (NO internet
connection) and NO other programs except Xoft and it definitely through up
these two problems

Spoke to Xoft who gave this reply :--

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Because XoftSpySE is not compatible with Vista, we can not confirm whether
or not PCTattleTale or Troj/Agent Host File are false positives.

If you have further questions, please get back to us.

Best Regards,
Blake

Customer Support Team "

Old April 5th 07, 03:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 06:31:22 +0100, "Young Mandy"

Because XoftSpySE is not compatible with Vista, we can not confirm whether
or not PCTattleTale or Troj/Agent Host File are false positives.

If you have further questions, please get back to us.

XoftSpy has a history; it started as one of 200+ fake "antispyware"
scanners that would pretend to scan your system, tell you have
malware, then offer to clean it if you threw money at them.

In reality, they had done no scanning at all, and the "malware" they
found was fake. It was a scam, pure and simple.

The site that listed these initial 200+ fake scanners may list new
versions of XoftSpy OK, but I would still avoid them. I suggest using
free scanners that don't have a history of being scammers:
- AdAware
- Spybot
- A-Squared
- AVG Antispyware
- Microsoft Defender (built into Vista).

I would not be surprised if these detect XoftSpy itself as a problem.

The most accurate diagnostic instrument
in medicine is the Retrospectoscope