Old August 18th 07, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bjadams

Default IDE Cable

"rrayw747" wrote:

My Pioneer dvd writer and NEC cd drive worked with no problem with ultimate,
and then I installed pemiere, they worked for about a week and suddenly
disappeared.
I guess I'll reinstall Vista....drives are fine on other HD with XP

"Pfarn" wrote:

Make sure you are using an 80 pin cable. XP doesn't seem to care, but Vista might. I had a similar problem with a Sony DVD drive with an Nvidia chipset on the motherboard. It wouldn't recognize it at all, and it complained about my CD writer, although it reads from it alright.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com