Logitech Harmony Remote(s)

Old March 27th 07, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
xq

Default Logitech Harmony Remote(s)

Does anyone use a Logitech Harmony remote with Windows Vista?

Logitech does not say when the drivers will be out for it -- but in the
meantime, I am interested in finding out work-arounds etc. in getting my
remote to work again.

How do you do it if you do use the remote with Vista?
Old March 28th 07, 07:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SankSoft

"xq" wrote:

Does anyone use a Logitech Harmony remote with Windows Vista?

Logitech does not say when the drivers will be out for it -- but in the
meantime, I am interested in finding out work-arounds etc. in getting my
remote to work again.

How do you do it if you do use the remote with Vista?

I have Logitech Harmony 785 remote. On computer have installed Vista
Ultimate and Harmony drivers and software (updated to last version 7.2.1.7
from internet).
It's working fine except that it switches color scheme to Vista Basic.
Old March 28th 07, 09:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Noozer

Does anyone use a Logitech Harmony remote with Windows Vista?

Logitech does not say when the drivers will be out for it -- but in the
meantime, I am interested in finding out work-arounds etc. in getting my
remote to work again.

How do you do it if you do use the remote with Vista?

I have Logitech Harmony 785 remote. On computer have installed Vista
Ultimate and Harmony drivers and software (updated to last version 7.2.1.7
from internet).
It's working fine except that it switches color scheme to Vista Basic.

AVOID the Logitech remotes at all costs. They aren't programmable... they
are just like a universal remote except that the database is on their
website and not on an internal chip. (Also, the universal remotes actually
work!)

I've got several devices that the Harmony refuses to learn the IR for, or
only partly works.

What's the point of having a 57" TV when the stupid remote can switch inputs
or power up the DVD player when you want to watch a movie?

Old March 28th 07, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SankSoft

My experience with Logitech is somehow better than yours. It works just fine,
but you need some time to program it correctly, especially if there is no
your TV or some other appliance in their database.

In that case you can learn it from your original remote control. That I had
to do with my TV settop-box. After few tries, few smoked cigarettes and two
coffees I managed it to work properly. And now instead using 5 original
remotes, I use only one. Neat! :-)

Old March 28th 07, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Martin Racette

It work just fine here, but has somebody else mentionned, it just disable
Aero while the program is working but the schem come back as soon as you
exit the program

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

Old March 29th 07, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RickB

"Noozer" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmm, I have a 57" Sony HDTV, 2 DVR's, DVD, Xbox360, Playstation 3 and
Yamaha receiver all running flawlessly with my Logitech Harmony 880 remote.
One of the DVR's was being stubborn about playing independently from the
other DVR via the remote but I called the Logitech helpline (800 #) and the
technician helped configure things on his end, uploaded the changes he made
for me to download and then explained everything in great detail so I knew
what he did. Works like a champ and top - notch customer service to go along
with it.

Maybe you just need to spend a little more time with it or give them a call,
they are tons better than having to "learn" from your other remotes.

RickB