Vista & 4gigs of Ram CRASH

Old March 28th 07, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ziggy

Default Vista & 4gigs of Ram CRASH

i have 4 gigs of pc 3200 installed works fine on my XP hard drive but crashes
BSD when i boot my Vista drive works fine with 3 gigs ive switched them
around every which way again 3 works just fine add the 4th eeeeeeeeeeeeeh
CRASH any sugestions

Ive ran the patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 and it still not
cooperating Ive tested each stick of ram one by one all seem to work just
fine i have latest chipset drivers or BIOS version still not working anymore
suggetions ?

I'm running Home Premium 64 Bit

I just ran an all night MEMTEST no problems with the memory

Ive turned everything back to default it shows 4096 installed and 4096
useable hmmm weird

it run 4 gigs just fine on my XP drive no problems. I wonder if i should run
a Vista repair Question HMMMM

right on thanks again

looks like I'm doomed for now I'll give it a rest now let some of my hair
grow back that I've been yanking out over this.

so next question is it better to run 2 gigs in dual channel or 3 gigs in
single ?

64X2 4400
A8N sli premium
2X 8800gts
X-Fi Platinum
4 Gigs OCZ platinum
WD 150 Raptor Vista Drive
WD 250 XP Drive

Old March 28th 07, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LarryC

I had a similar problem running 2 video cards in crossfire mode and 4 Gigs. I
thought I was going nuts. It ran fine with 1 video and 4 Gigs or 1-3 Gigs. I
called the video-card maker and motherboard maker, funny thing was each one
would point the problem towards the other. Finally the motherboard support
sent my complaint into the main office to check my configuration and found it
was a BIOS problem. After a few weeks they sent me the new BIOS upgrade and
everything worked great.
I don't believe you have a Vista problem but a BIOS problem where Vista is
running out of resources from the misinformation it is getting from the BIOS
and crashes.
regards,
Larry

Old March 29th 07, 01:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GBK

fixed my problem with the new Vista MCE update.. LiveTV no longer crashed
with 4gb. seems stable again.