Vista Banter

-   -   Easy way to turn off wireless? (http://www.vistabanter.com/34580-easy-way-turn-off-wireless.html)

Hutch March 28th 07 01:09 AM

Easy way to turn off wireless?

In XP is was easy to turn of the wireless. You simply right-clicked on the
wireless radio signal meter in the task bar and choose to disable the radio.
It appears to me that in Vista you cannot do this w/o going through about
three windows. Am I missing something or is there an equally easy way to
accomplish this like in XP?

Thanks,

Hutch

Cyrus Lin April 5th 07 12:35 PM

Easy way to turn off wireless?

In XP is was easy to turn of the wireless. You simply right-clicked on
the
wireless radio signal meter in the task bar and choose to disable the
radio.
It appears to me that in Vista you cannot do this w/o going through about
three windows.

I pin the icon "Wireless Network Connection" of "Network Connections" to the
start menu. Then I can enable/disable it by just right-click it. Of course u
can put that icon on anywhere, say, desktop. Hope that will help you.

gustavocvlho April 19th 10 10:57 AM

Easy way to turn off wireless?

Actually, there´s a easier way of doing this, doesn´t matter if you have
fisical shortcuts embedded on your laptop´s keyboard. Simply press the
"windows key" and "x". There you have lots of on/off switches!

--
gustavocvlho