Old August 19th 07, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
DevilsPGD

Default Low Disk Space in Recovery "D" Vista OS

In message Mart
wrote:

My computer alerts me that I have low disk space in recovery "D". Recovery
shows 1% of disk space left. How to I correct this. This is my first post
and I'm a beginner at this.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=turn+o...+space+warning

Short version;

* Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
* Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\
CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer.
* If it's not there, create a DWORD value and call it
NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.
* Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and enter the value 1, and
press OK.

(Insert your own "Editing the registry may cause locusts to spew forth
from your computer" warning here)

Unfortunately I can't find a way to do this on a per-volume basis, only
a master on/off switch.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.