Old October 15th 06, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

Default RC1 & SoundMax -- funky results (USUALLY no sound)

I actually "purchased" RC1 from Microsoft (was having some issues about
burning it myself -- possible user error?). I'm not sure if that entitled me
to MS sending me a copy of RC2 or not. Thought I remember something along
those lines, but not sure.

Also, after going through a full install (effectively "wiped" my WinXP-2
installation), I don't know if I want to go through the entire process again
so soon (since the word on the street is that RC1 -- RC2 not advisable for
best results)