no audio output device installed

Old March 28th 07, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shayne

Default no audio output device installed

I have an Intel MB d946gzis whith a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codecd
ver 6.10.5405.0, it worked initially not the speaker in the bottom right
says, "no audio output device installed" I have uninstalled it, and re
booted, it re installs but not success.

BTW i'm running Vista Business on core 2 duo 1.66 mhz w/2gb kingston memory.

Where do I go from her, the Sound used to work quite well!!!
Old March 28th 07, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dazd-confusd

I have the same problem. After one of the Windows Updates, the driver
wouldn't load so I reverted back to the original one. Now, even though it
says it's installed and working properly in the control panel, it says 'no
audio device installed' in the volume mixer. I'm running Vista Home Premium,
dual core 2.13Ghz, 1 Gb ram. Anyone have a solution??

Old March 29th 07, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
loaderopp

Hello Shayne.

About a weel ago microsoft released a new driver for these sound cards, i
have one. Well that driver steps all over them and stops sound from working.

uninstalling did not seem to help, reinstalling old driver did not work.

I ended up going to windows restore, and going back to before downloading
and installing optional update driver for the sound card. that has solved my
problem with sound card. i should work for you as well.

Old November 4th 08, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nao

I had the same symptoms. it turns out though that according to
www.noaudiooutput.com different people have different causes. Re
installing the driver in safe mode did the trick for me. If that
doesn't work try www.noaudiooutput.com they have different solutions.
That is where I got mine.

--
nao