Old October 19th 06, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie

Default Loosely related question to Vista...

I don't know why, but my CD/DVD-Rom drives aren't being recognized in Windows
XP...I haven't been able to isolate what caused the problem, but CD's and
DVD's aren't being recognized, nor are the icons available in "My Computer".
After I investigated the problem in Device Manager, both drivers have a
yellow exclamation mark next to them, and I get this message under driver
status:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

What is going on? Multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall the drivers
have failed. HELP!!!!