Old October 19th 06, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave B

Default Pioneer DVD Writer Disappears After Reboot - Vista RC1

I also have tried that fix but neither of those Higher or Lower filters are
listed in that key value so I can't delete them. I also have a Pioneer DVR
108 On the Primary IDE as a master and a LiteOn CDRW 52x as a slave and
whenever I reboot I loose the Pioneer but the LiteOn stays.

I can go to device manger IDE/ATAPI and go to the channel and have it scan
and it will find and put the drive back in but after a reboot I'm back to the
same problem with the Pioneer drive being gone again.

I'd say we need to see an RC3 or hopfully windows Update will have some type
of a fix for this but to me this seems like "A VERY BIG DEAL AND NEEDS TO BE
FIXED ASAP".

Dave

"Rob" wrote:

Start, Run, type regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters
values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close
regedit and restart the computer.

"AC - 2006" wrote:

Hi,
Just wondering whether anyone has experience issue with DVD writer
disappearing from Vista RC1 after rebooting. I have a Pioneer 111D installed
with a Liteon CD/DVD combo. When I restart my PC, either from a cold or warm
reboot, Vista can see my Liteon drive but not by Pioneer DVD writer. However,
If I go into DEVICE MANAGER and perform a SCAN FOR NEW HARDWARE, the Pioneer
DVD writer appears and seems to be working well. However, I have to perform
this action everytime I reboot my PC (that is, the Pioneer DVD writer does
not want to 'stick'). How can this be resolved?

Thanks in advance