Is One Care yet compatible with "5536 RC1 Foreplay?"

Old August 28th 06, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chad Harris

Default Is One Care yet compatible with "5536 RC1 Foreplay?"

I noticed that MSFT has so helpfully provided some links to "Live" pages on
the 5536 Welcome Page--an advance that all the Beta team PMs and Developers
should be hifiving themselves over for weeks while neglecting some major
components that will be shipped broken I get to touch on later. Dr. Gary
Flake hasn't gotten around to conferring his magic on www.microsoft.com yet,
and isn't it great to have a Vista guide to Live links right on the old
Welcome Billboard. Google did bid on getting space on the Dell Vista
Desktop after all and won the auction.

Since they have a link to WOC Live, wil One Care in fact install for anyone
on "5536 Foreplay to RC1" is the link a dead end, or has "Woof we eat our
own dogfood" MSFT managed to get WOC compatible with their OS they are
spending a couple hundred million to promote and several hundred thousand in
Federal District Court in Seattle with Brad Smith and Nancy Anderson's eager
little legal beavers litigating against Symantec?

Jest wondrin' ? Guess I could click on the WOC setup and see if I could
install it. Maybe they are using the links on the Welcome Page as
advertising billboards that have no function purely. There is an advance for
civilization.

CH

Old August 28th 06, 02:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
M@dhat3rr

Damn web-based NG... (my ISP doesn't have the vista newsgroup) What I did
type, before it got screwed up was, Last I knew, no. But I haven't personally
tried Onecare with 5536, so I don't know for sure.

Old August 28th 06, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chad Harris

I bet if you post on the Win Mail group looking for a good one, the MVPs
on that group and OE experts can fix you up. They've had that scene down
for years. Give it a shot.

CH

Old August 28th 06, 03:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Lang Murphy

Nope. Tried to install the trial version and it threw msg:

"Your computer must be running Windows XP in order to install Windows Live
OneCare. Learn more about upgrading to Windows XP."

Lang

Old August 28th 06, 09:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Sooner Al [MVP]

You might use the msnews.microsoft.com news server if you want to get all of
the MS news groups...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

Old August 28th 06, 11:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chad Harris

Default Avast won't install "5536 RC1 Foreplay?"

Thanks much Steven. Maybe it's just me but something about the timing sure
seems strange unless it is that the WOC can't get Vista compatible. Do you
know why it won't work in Vista. You have other AV manufacturers making a
show cased feature (like Avast) on their site that they are Vista compatible
and Avast seems the most widely used for Vista although there are others.

With Build 5536.16385 X 86, for the first time in a build, unless I'm having
a particular problem that others aren't I keep getting a message "driver not
compatible" when I reboot from an Avast install. Avast will scan on 5536
but the AV component won't install.

Do you know good alternatives?

CH

"StephenB" wrote in message
"Chad Harris" wrote:

Since they have a link to WOC Live, wil One Care in fact install for
anyone
on "5536 Foreplay to RC1" is the link a dead end, or has "Woof we eat our
own dogfood" MSFT managed to get WOC compatible with their OS they are
spending a couple hundred million to promote and several hundred thousand
in
Federal District Court in Seattle with Brad Smith and Nancy Anderson's
eager
little legal beavers litigating against Symantec?

Jest wondrin' ? Guess I could click on the WOC setup and see if I could
install it. Maybe they are using the links on the Welcome Page as
advertising billboards that have no function purely. There is an advance
for
civilization.

OneCare setup in Vista will still not work at this time.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live