Old October 20th 06, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Coakeyoakey

Default RC2 hangs with Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid

My company is testing Windows Vista RC2 and we have Silicon Image SiI 0680
Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controllers in our computers.

The Windows Vista Upgrade advisor states that 'No Action is required' for my
Raid Controller.

I have tried the following and in both instances they hang the computers :

(1) Install Vista RC2, Loading Raid Drivers before install. Vista Setup
hangs at loading screen.

(2) Install Vista RC2, then in device manager, select Raid Controller and
point to location of drivers. Raid Controller installs, then system hangs.
Restarting Vista it hangs at loading screen.

Note : I am using the drivers listed on the following website -
http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...=2&osid =10&;