Vista and Shared Video Memory on Dedicated video card

Old March 28th 07, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
amdchiptrooper

Default Vista and Shared Video Memory on Dedicated video card

All,

I have a machine running a didicated Nvida Geforce 7600 GT 256 Megs of ram.
My Machine is running 2 gigs of ram. In Vista in the about section it shows
I have Total availabe graphics memory 751MB; Dedicated graphics Memory 256
MB; 495MB Shared system memory. How on earth can I disable the shared system
memory? thanks,

Amdchiptrooper

P.S. Its not something in the BIOS. the MBoard does not have a video card
built in.

Old May 24th 08, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
djdouble

Search the registry for "shared video memory". you will find all the
settings there undersome Nvidia key.
It changes the total RAM in taskmanager but not on the device page. If
still have trouble I can look for the regkey path

--
djdouble
djdouble's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50282

http://forums.techarena.in