Old August 23rd 07, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
CJP89

Default Battery Meter

I thought something was wrong because I know that XP laptops update to show
the remaining time according to the stress on the system. Also I know some
people that downloaded gadgets that did this for them on Vista, I have tried
this and it still doesn't work. I was hoping that there would be some setting
to fix this.

"JW" wrote:

The remaining time on a battery is a direct function of the workload being
placed on the PC. For example if you are using the Laptop to watch DVD
movies that remaining time will be one heck of a list then if you are just
working on a document or a spreadsheet.

And since this is not constant there is now way for Vista to estimate it.
"CJP89" wrote in message
My battery meter shows the remaining power only as a percentage and not as
specific time (which is my preferred option). I am running Vista on a
Toshiba
laptop. Is there a way to fix this in Vista or is it part of the laptops
design?