Old October 24th 06, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirefm

Default Microphone Static

Have you tried running through all the microphone setups in the Control
Panel/Speech Recognition and the Audio Devices setup including Microphone
Properties?

"BlueTruth" wrote:

I'm using a Samson C01U on the Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600. The microphone
worked fine prior to installing RC1. The problem is the microphone now
produces a massive amount of digital static (not the breathy type you get
when the mic is having troubles) instead of the clear crisp sound it used to.
I've only gotten my mic to work with Audacity, and those are the results
I've gotten. I've also tried using Adobe Audition 2.0 with the microphone,
but the microphone isn't given as an input method.

Please give any help possible on reducing the static.