HP Pavillion DV9022ea with Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner

Old March 31st 07, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ben

Default HP Pavillion DV9022ea with Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner

Hi,

I recently purchased a HP DV9022ea with XP MCE 2005.

I decided to take the plunge and install Vista Home Premium on a clean
install and have loved it but i have one issue.

I have a Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner that worked a dream on XP MCE but since
the upgrade the tuner has been able to find channels but not display them.

Having changed the driver i still cannot get this to work. I have spoken to
HP technical team about this issue and they have informed me that there is
an issue with this card when used with Vista on 'SOME' DV9000 series
laptops.

Before i get bombarded with abuse i can inform you that yes i have tried the
Vista drivers for this card from the HP website.

Are there any other DV9000 users out there that use this card on Vista with
no problems? According to HP there are so please let me know if you are and
if you can tell me how i would be very greatful.

Many thanks.

Ben

Old March 31st 07, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rodney Farmer

On my HP dv9267, the TV card will only work with Quickplay, not Windows
Media Centre - this how it is supposed to work on my HP. Don't know whether
this is any help or not.

Rod

Old April 1st 07, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ben

Thankyou sir... your a living legend... having never used quickplay i didnt
realise this and hp customer care neglected to tell me this.

Next step is how to get quicktime as i used a non hp version of vista... any
ideas?

Old April 1st 07, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ben

right, after some revision i have found the setup files online for anyone
requiring quickplay for vista at http://ridickulous.net/quickplay/.

Download, extract, right click and install as admin... done.

Thanks for the help Rodney

news

Old April 1st 07, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

QuickPlay is HP's inellectual property and that site should not be
redistributing it. I'd also be wary of any program obtained this way
as there is no way to know how it might have been altered.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 01:49:45 +0100, "Ben" wrote:

right, after some revision i have found the setup files online for anyone
requiring quickplay for vista at http://ridickulous.net/quickplay/.

Download, extract, right click and install as admin... done.

Thanks for the help Rodney

news

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Old April 1st 07, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ben

This download is actually formed from the Quickplay Opensource which is
available to download from Hp.com in sourcecode format.

Also i am only making a backup of software i had already purchased.

"Barb Bowman" wrote in message
QuickPlay is HP's inellectual property and that site should not be
redistributing it. I'd also be wary of any program obtained this way
as there is no way to know how it might have been altered.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 01:49:45 +0100, "Ben" wrote:

right, after some revision i have found the setup files online for anyone
requiring quickplay for vista at http://ridickulous.net/quickplay/.

Download, extract, right click and install as admin... done.

Thanks for the help Rodney

news

Old April 1st 07, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ben

Rodney, do you know how to get rid of the subtitles in quickplay? have
searched the web but there are no answes...

Old May 6th 07, 02:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GD

I've discovered similar problems with my HP dv6226 wich came pre-loaded vista
home premium, windows media center and the HP quickplay. When I plugged in
the HP tv tuner card it would not work with Win media center. Thanks to your
information posted here, I tried the HP quick play and it works without
issue. Simply put, DO NOT USE WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER! It's the usual crap we've
come to expect from Microsoft - go third party if you want it to work
properly. To turn off the sub titles, look for the letter T with the
on-screen TV controls on the bottom of the screen, simply hold the mouse
curser over the T and click, this will turn off the subtitles. (detail found
in the associated help files) GD