Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

microsoft windows vista games stopped working??

Old April 1st 07, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mfink81

Default microsoft windows vista games stopped working??

Hi everyone.

I just got a new laptop computer couple months ago and im really happy with
it. It is running windows vista. The other night i tried to play microsofts
games (chess, solitaire, minesweep) and none of the games would execute.
does anybody have any suggestion of why that might happen and how I can get
it working again? I can't do a system restore because i didnt set a restore
point until now so it's too late. I was hoping somebody might have a better
solution other than to reinstall my whole system again?
Old April 2nd 07, 06:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Katy Pluta

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:08:00 -0700, mfink81
wrote:

Hi everyone.

I just got a new laptop computer couple months ago and im really happy with
it. It is running windows vista. The other night i tried to play microsofts
games (chess, solitaire, minesweep) and none of the games would execute.
does anybody have any suggestion of why that might happen and how I can get
it working again? I can't do a system restore because i didnt set a restore
point until now so it's too late. I was hoping somebody might have a better
solution other than to reinstall my whole system again?

There should be no need to re-install the whole system... You could
try un-installing then re-installing the games by going to the control
panel, selecting "programs and features" then "turn windows features
on or off" in the left pane

Hope it helps

===
All the Best
Katy Pluta, G4W MVP

Visit Project Magenta!
www.simpm.com
Old April 3rd 07, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mfink81

Hi Katy,

thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but it did not solve the
problem, unfortunetly. gave me a A~NSISU_.exe has stopped working? Also,
it's not HP games, its microsoft's games they have installed, like chess
titans ect. Any other suggestions anybody?? thanks!

Old April 3rd 07, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Mike

Hi There,
I hvae had the exact problem today and i tried this and it has not worked,
anymore suggestions?
Mike

Old April 4th 07, 04:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mfink81

Hi Mike,

Do any of your other games work on your computer at all? None of my games
work I tried reinstalling the games and that did not work either. It just
give me the error of:

"Executable for Chess Game has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Does this for all my games. Can anybody solve this problem?? I miss my
games!Lol.

Old April 4th 07, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Mike

Hi there,
Chess titans works for a while before it stops, ink ball seems to be
working ok but all the rest dont even load up. The only game that works 100%
ok is the Hold em game for vista ultimate that i downloaed off the Ultimate
Extras update. I have exactly the same error as you with my games and i am at
a loss.

I did extract this from my event log if it helps anyone diagnose the problem

Faulting application FreeCell.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549b878, faulting module FreeCell.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549b878, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0006ba0c, process id
0xd3c, application start time 0x01c7764239ce3573.

Hope some one out there can help us!

Old April 5th 07, 12:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mfink81

Hi Mike,

Well I am glad I am not the only one out there with this problem! Here I
thought one of my other programs that I've installed was messing things up
but ive uninstalled everything in my computer that ive installed since ive
gotten this computer and its still not working right! When will microsoft
make a product that wont have errors??lol...anyways, if anybody comes across
this error with their games and has a solution, please share it!

Old April 5th 07, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
MrAOK

I too am having a problem, but oddly only in one game, spider solitaire.

i get a message saying "this file does not have a program associated with it"

and uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work.

i'm also having a problem with windows media center if it could be related

Old April 5th 07, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Mike

I have now got mine working! Just a simple case of updating my graphics card
drivers. Strange I know but it worked!!! I have an ATI Radeon X800 GT card if
you have a radeon card let me know and i can send you the info i found out to
make the new drivers work properly

Old April 7th 07, 06:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mfink81

Hi Mike,

that's great news! Although, for me, i am having a hard time finding an
update for my graphics card. I have Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 and it seems that
I can't find an update on the nvidia site. Ive found the 6150 site but no
updates for drivers on the site? Any suggestions on how i could find the
updates?