"USB Device not Recognized"

Old April 16th 09, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wilbertuk[_2_]

Default "USB Device not Recognized"

Make sure that if you attemp to delete the file that it actually is
deleted. I could not delete/rename it without using a program to unlock
the file first.

just a word of caution, any program downloaded from a file sharing
site/torrent site could contain malicious malware/virus, always scan
everything with both your antivirus and malware scanner before opening.

I could still see my usb drives if i used disc management and then
explored them, but no new usb/external drives would be recognised, so i
still had access to the data on the drives, but was a pain.

cal bears advice fixed my problem so that all new drives are recognised
and all show up in "My Computer"

anyone with a similar problem should be able to see there drives by
right clicking my computer/manage/disc management

--
wilbertuk
wilbertuk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90336.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 20th 09, 08:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aricserna

all of a sudden i get "usb device not recognized" and just the other day
i used the same devices with no problems?? any suggestions on how to fix
this problem i have tried everything this is irritatin

--
aricserna
aricserna's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91688.htm

Old April 20th 09, 09:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manny Weisbord

aricserna wrote:

all of a sudden i get "usb device not recognized" and just the other day
i used the same devices with no problems?? any suggestions on how to fix
this problem i have tried everything this is irritatin

Use System Restore to set things back to "just the other day" or a day
earlier.
Old April 20th 09, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sweethussie[_2_]

Forget about fixing the USB, it think it's a vista thing. I've tried it
in 4 different computers after getting this error message and nothing
would work. If you really want to save the info on the device get the
Power Data Recovery program from a torrent, it's a miracle worker. I
saved all 40g of files back to my harddrive.

--
sweethussie
sweethussie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90345.htm

Old November 30th 09, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
user659

I ran into this with my new ASUS P5E3 WS Pro MB (it has 12 USB ports)
and Windows 7 64 . I tried all the usual stuff
(uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers; updating the BIOS; leaving
the PC off and unplugged for a few hours) but to no avail.

Somehow, I doubted this was a Windows problem because the Boot process
would hang at the point where the USB hard drives were being detected by
the BIOS. If I disconnected them from what I thought were the two
"failing" USB ports on the MB, the PC would boot up fine. But the
devices would still get unrecognized if I replugged them in after
Windows was up and running.

Anyway, I found that if I unplugged all by USB devices, booted up, then
replugged the two drives first, they were detected fine and the drivers
got loaded. I then gradually attached the rest of my other devices and,
bingo, the last one came up with the same error, even though I connected
it via a different USB port.

So, it finally dawned on me that the problem was likely due to the fact
that I had a lot of USB devices (3 HD drives, webcam, keyboard, video
tuner card, 2 UPS's, printer, scanner, card reader etc.) and that the
combined power draw on the USB bus must be exceeding its capacity. So,
I added an external, self-powered 7 port USB Hub and used it for some of
the devices.

The problem went away!!!!!

--
user659
user659's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157880.htm

Old April 22nd 10, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lajmic

Try this:

1. Unplug (power cord) your PC and shutdown.
2. Unplug all your USB devices from your PC (and, heck, any power
supplies as well)
3. Wait 30 minutes or more !
4. Plug in your essential USB devices (keyboard, mouse).
5. Plug in your PC, turn it on.
6. Pop in the rest of your USB devices.

--
lajmic