MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 - Windows Vista Ultimate

Old April 4th 07, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

Default MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 - Windows Vista Ultimate

I have now jumped through all the currently known hurdles in about 10 days,
except this one.

I cannot find an updated driver for the subject device. All functions work
except the 4th of 4 buttons. There is nothing to allow me to set the
"programmable" functions. Think about this, I bought the thing because the
then new Windows XP did not support my Logitech trackball. After all of
these years, I don't want to learn a new one. I can't even find one on the
MS Web site for sale.

Any ideas?

Old April 4th 07, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

"Charles W Davis" wrote in message
I have now jumped through all the currently known hurdles in about 10 days,
except this one.

I cannot find an updated driver for the subject device. All functions work
except the 4th of 4 buttons. There is nothing to allow me to set the
"programmable" functions. Think about this, I bought the thing because the
then new Windows XP did not support my Logitech trackball. After all of
these years, I don't want to learn a new one. I can't even find one on the
MS Web site for sale.

Any ideas?

Have you installed the Intellipoint software for your trackball? I have the
Trackball Optical and all the functions work with the latest software. You
can get it he
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
HTH,
Bob

Old April 4th 07, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charles W Davis

Bob,

Thanks. All is now well.

Old May 5th 08, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Largo

I've got a peculiar problem with my new PC (Vista Home Premium) that
I've purchased from DELL. To be more precise, it's my 4 years old
Trackball Optical that causes me headakes. It slows down the whole
starting process up to 5 minutes until I'm able to log in.

It took me some time to find out that it actually is this piece of
hardware that causes the slowing down of the system. If I use the DELL
mouse that has been enclosed to the whole delivery, there hasn't been
any problems at all. - But I dodn't like the way it works. So, before I
parted from my Trackball, I thought, I keep it and connect it to the
computer.

I have no clue what I could do to solve the problem, or, first of all,
where the problem could be found.

I've downloaded the correct driver for my Trackball Opitcal that should
be fine with my Vista version. I've installed it before I've connected
the hardware. But as soon as I do connect it and make a restart, it
takes ages until I'm able to log in.

Any help would be most welcome. Thank you!

--
Largo

Old May 5th 08, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Largo

It's an USB port (the machine hasn't any PS/2 ports).

The driver can be found he 'Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Hardware -
Download Software'
(http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...indows%20Vista)

--
Largo