stop codes

Old April 4th 07, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bigwacked

Default stop codes

I keep recieving a stop code error when i listen to music and watch videos or
tv. I have contacted dell and also have the newest bios and sound drivers..
problem is really getting me.. The stop code is 0x00000124
(0x00000000,0x85CB2B60,0xB2000000,0x00000175). Of course dell said it was a
new issue, i have sent an email to sigma tel and they havent replied so i
dont know what is going on. I have also searched all over the internet and
lots of people are having this issue and the only way ive heard to fix it
really is to go back to xp.. any ideas anyone?
Old April 5th 07, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dannymichel

I hope someone can contact Microsoft and get a real answer about this
stop message.
I will keep trying Microsoft for a competent technical support
representative in the meanwhile.

P.S
I couldn't help but notice that some guy on these boards who calls
himself New York is getting the same error message. I just wanted to go
on record AS SOMEONE BORN AND RAISED in New York that he gives us a bad
name.

--
dannymichel
Old April 6th 07, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FKlassen

I purchased two identical Dell PCs and I was having exactly the same
problem - numerous reboots with 0x00000124 as the reason.
I suspected audio or video as you do.
After much screwing around trying to fix it myself I spent two hours on the
phone with Dell tech support with still no solution.
He suggested I contact Dell Customer Care and request an exchange.
I did.
Got two new PCs with pretty much the same setup. Only difference is a the TV
tuner card.
Problems all gone.
Happy now.
Vista very nice when working properly.

FK

Old April 6th 07, 06:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dannymichel

I also tried installing Windows XP 64Bit in hopes that maybe I would be
able to install the Vista 64Bit as an upgrade, but I got another BSOD
error. I'm beginning to think my CPU is the culprate. I'm running a
3.0Ghz Intel Dual Core and a PC Chips P23GV1.0A

--
dannymichel
Old April 17th 07, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kevmann

I have been having this same error when anything with audio happens. The
error reporting from windows comes back saying it is a video card issue.
Well, I replaced my GeForce 8800GTS and still the same problem.

Well, the only common denominator was audio. I disabled the audio from
my MoBo. No BSOD. Everything worked fine.

I went out and got a AudigySE audio card and updated the drivers. BSOD
the first time anything with audio played. Disabled the audio and I ran
flawlessly.

Went and got a Dynex audio card, updated the drivers, BSOD. Do you see
a trend? Am I going about this the wrong way? What is being done??

Kevin

--
kevmann
kevmann's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24752