Old September 11th 07, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rotorhead

Default Sidewinder Strategic Commander problems

PLEASE HELP TURBO.....

I did the above before turning off the User Account Control, so I went back
turned that off but nothing happened so I started uninstalling the HID
compliant game controllers and devices and now I'm stuck with it displaying
the Microsoft Strategic Commander under "Other Devices" with no HID options.
I have tried reinstalling the drivers, but still get an error and it comes
back the same way if I unplug and plug the controller back in, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks.

"turbotoes" wrote:

Sorry I've been away. I have recently discovered that if you do not TURN OFF
user account control, you will not get the device listing for the virtual
mouse. I have no idea why only the v mouse if affected, but it is. tuun off
UAC and all should be well. I hope I am not to late to help!!!!!

"wido" wrote:

Hi there,
be glad, you are not alone in this matter. I can't get it work either.
But the instructions say: virual kb and mouse, i do not see the virtual
mouse. I do have the list with:
- ms S C
- ms S C HID drivers
- ms sidewinder Virtual Keyboard