Old September 11th 07, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Default USB Pendrive problems

This solution has worked for several people with problematic USB devices:

Locate the file INFCACHE.1 in C:\Windows\inf

Right click on the INFCACHE.1 file, select Properties Security Edit, and give
your account full control.

Delete INFCACHE.1, or rename it to INFCACHE.1.BAK or temporarily move to your
desktop.

REBOOT

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Berto" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
when I try to connect my usb pendrive (or any usb pendrive) windows vista,
after a form, tries to download driver from internet. Windows update doesn't
find a correct driver and the "problems solutions" tells that usb mass storage
device of Phison Electronics is not compatible with windows vista. I don't
install this driver, and I try do uninstall this one with "Driver Manager" but
nothing
Ideas??
I've installed vista 1 day ago... in previous vista pendrives worked
perfectly, but not bth usb device that now works... Usb device are not well
supported??
Thx
Berto