Old September 12th 07, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Gary G. Little

Default How to uninstall Symantic Antivirus Software?

As I recall, I round-filed Norton about 4 years ago, Norton has their on
"special" removal procedures, so you most likely need to go to the
Norton/Symantec directories looking for their uninstall procedure. I also
believe thier website has removal information if not utilities.

--
The personal opinion of
Gary G. Little

"Robert" wrote in message
charlie wrote:

download and run norton removal tool from Cnet,then check programme files
and delete folders

"Neil" wrote:

Before you answer, here is the problem. I just upgraded my XP Pro to
Vista
Home Premium. I was running Symantic Antivirus Corporation version 10.1
unknowingly that it was not compatible with Vista. Now, I want to
install
10.2 which is compatible but the program will not install. It get a
message saying that this version software isn't compatible with Vista
which must be
wrong. I tried uninstalling the version 10.1 first and it will not do
it. I
get the same message. I did go thru my control panel if you are
wondering. Please help.

Take a look at this :
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8