Acer Orbicam

Old April 6th 07, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barry

Default Acer Orbicam

Hi
Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed to
get it working with Vista Home Premium??

Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website to
no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old April 10th 07, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Markus

"Barry" wrote in message
Hi
Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed
to get it working with Vista Home Premium??

Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website
to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

That is hard to believe. My Acer Aspire 5100 was delivered with Vista
preinstalled and even after a manual reinstall of windows the cam worked
without any problem, even with the built in MS usb2.0 camera driver .
Perhaps broken hardware on your end?

Old June 26th 07, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sean

Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work after
vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but thought
I would share.

Old June 26th 07, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
koze

Place a support request at the acer website as I did, the control for the
webcam is working the manegement console with the settings will not start.

A few more support requests may let them act a bit quicker.

Ko
"StephenB" schreef in bericht
news
Sean wrote:

Thought i had the same problem, as the orbicam application did not work
after
vista upgrade. However the actual camera does work with Windows Live
Messenger & Skype which is ok for me. Not sure how this can help but
thought
I would share.

That's the same situation I'm in with an Aspire 5670. Not a big deal for
me,
though, so I haven't pursued the latest Acer patches.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

Old June 26th 07, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peter

Acer 9300 here and running the Bison drivers ver 6.32.0.4.
Camera works under Vista............but I had to download the drivers from
Acer and it took 3 tries to get them to work.
I uninstalled the Camera and the drivers each time and finally something
clicked.
peter
"StephenB" wrote in message
news

Old June 27th 07, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ANDY BENAGLIA

Had exactely the same problem with my Acer9420. Camera light goes but no
image shown. With Skype and Messenger works great, it's a driver problem and
waiting for a fix.

Andy

Old December 26th 07, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
krueger

My camera worked before i installed vista but then when i did my camera
stopped working the progrma comes up but my camera light does not turn on and
any help would be apprecatied

Old December 26th 07, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

The Versiontracker listing for drivers for this camera list Vista drivers.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/129737

Old December 26th 07, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zorro4141[_2_]

Hello....

I guess you have tried my previous post............if this does not
work please reply

Try removing all files from your "pictures" directory.

This resolved my issue with my Acer/Orbicam which now works.

cheers

Zorro

--
zorro4141