Old September 16th 07, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bazzer

Default Cannot see part of a partitioned drive

Hi

The partition is 54.43 Gb and I had planned on using it for personal
documents, although none are on their yet due to problems with my old laptop.
With the C: drive being used for programs.

The file system for both C: & D: are shown as NFTS. C: (55.89Gb) is shown
as " Healthy (System, Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary
Partition)". D: is shown as Healthy (Primary Partition)". A smaller 1.46Gb
partition also appears shown as "Healthy (EISA Configuration)" but this
doesn't have a volume allocated

I have just done a quick format to see if this makes any difference, but
nothing. The partition still doesn't appear in "Computer" and doesn't appear
in the list of places to save if I want to save a document.

"Bazzer" wrote:

My laptop has Vista Home Premium and came with a 100GB HDD partitioned to two
drives. The drives were to be reassigned new letters, but accidentally only
one partition was assigned a letter. The other drives letter was cleared but
a new letter not assigned. Now "Computer" only sees the drive to which the
letter was assigned.

I cannot use restore as there have been a number of updates before this was
discovered and a restore point prior to this event isn't available.

Any suggestions please?