Old September 17th 07, 03:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

Upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

Gary VanderMolen

"Frans" wrote in message ...
How do I stop/delete Recovered Messages in Windows Mail?
It is very annoying.

"Malifecent" wrote in message ...
I am having this exact same problem, and I just tried running your program,
and it didn't work for me. Is there a way I can just reinstall windows mail,
or is there another fix?

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Try compacting and repairing the database and delete the empty files with
WMUtil (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). Then see if it still tries to recover the
messages when you open it.

steve

"wondrash" wrote in message
I'm using Vista 32 bit Home Premium. I was unable to delete messages in
my
delete folder and used your fix of Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintance/Store
Folder etc. Now I have a folder for Recovered Messages that posts the
date
and a 6 figure # following the date every time I go to my mail. Example
04-24-200700 12-51-17. Now I can't delete the Recovered Messages folder
and
when I click on the the folder it shows "there are no items to view". The
folder get bigger and bigger with sub folders. I am able to delete the
sub
folders and the daily entrys, but not the Recovered Messages folder.