Old September 17th 07, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Default Losing Sound and TV at start up

Hi, Paduch.

Where (in the world) are you? To correct the time zone, just click the
clock in the lower right corner of your screen and "follow your nose". ;)
Click Change date and time settings, then Change Time Zone. Then, if you
are online, you can click the Internet Time tab and, if you are the
Administrator, let Vista automatically synchronize your computer's clock
with an Internet time server. You don't need a "professional" to do all
this.

My EPoX motherboard has Realtek onboard sound. When I first installed
Vista, there was no sound. But my first visit to Windows Update found the
Realtek drivers; within a minute or two of my giving it permission, it
downloaded and installed the drivers - and I've had sound ever since. ;)

Have you set your computer to automatically get Windows Updates?

I have two TV tuners, but no TV cable, just an antenna, so my Media Center
knowledge is spotty at best. I'll let others help you with that. But you
might want to visit the Media Center newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail beta in Vista Ultimate x64)

"Paduch" wrote in message
Good Day,

(Almost) Every time I start my computer, the sound is missing and I have
reinstall the drivers and reboot. Its sound built into the motherboard.
ASUS
M2V with REALTek sound. Subsequently, when I start my Media Center to
watch
TV, I have to reinitialize the TV withen Media Center. I dont have to
reinstall the drivers, but I cant watch TV until I setup the TV signal.
I'm
using an ATI TV Wonder 650 with analog cable. Finally, withen MC, the
guide
is off time by about 2 hours. I think that have to do with the timezone
being
set up incorrectly. By the way, I had windows installed by a professional
and
not myself. This is after a total format and reinstall. I've had the
problem
since may. Any thoughts?