Old September 18th 07, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
eric blom

Default File not recognized

Thank you for responding. I just tried it, and no, I can't. Excel opens, but
not the spreadsheet itself. Can you help?

"brink" wrote:

eric blom;455460 Wrote:
I have an Excel file on my desktop. Whenever I double-click on it, I get
the
error message "Windows cannot find
'C:\users\owners\Desktop\eric.sources.xlsx'
It doesn't matter if I save it under another name, or even pasting into
new file.
I am able to open it by opening Excel first and then using the "open"
function.

Hi Eric,

Are you able to open the Excel file by right clicking on it and click
Open With and selecting the Excel .exe program?

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...-programs.html

Shawn

--
brink