Old September 19th 07, 03:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alex[_4_]

Default USB modem need to reinstall after "sleep"

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply...

under the device manager modem power management, it has only 2 option,
1)Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and 2) Allow this
device to wake the computer....both unchecked....

"jonathan perreault" wrote in message
try to look in device manager to look for the modem, and disallow it to
sleep.

--
Jonathan Perreault

Personnal Advice To You:
#1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
#2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You

Best Comments From Users:
No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's
Faults

completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"Alex" wrote in message
HI,

I am using a USB mobile broadband with my vista Home basic edition.
Vista can't detect my modem after resume from hibernation or awake from
"sleep" mode.
I need to unplug and plug the USB modem to be detect by Vista again.

Is there any other fix for this problem?

Thanks