HP Laserjet 3052 is missing

Old April 9th 07, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian Møller Nielsen

Default HP Laserjet 3052 is missing

Hello all.
After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a
HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit
with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB
cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers
was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't
find the printer and I can't select the printer when I want to print
something. I can only select fax and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer"
when I try to print anything.
When I go to control panel - System - Devise Manager I can see the
LaserJet two places. One is "Picture units" where it's located as a
scanner and the other place is under IEEE1284.4 where it's located as
HP LaserJet (DOT4USB)
How do I get Windows to recognize my LaserJet as a printer?
I tried to download new drivers from www.hp.com but when I try to
install them, I get a notice that says that Windows automatically
installs USB units, and I can only install it if I have a cable to the
LPT port OR COM port. It's not possible to insert a printer cable into
the LaserJet.

Old April 9th 07, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian Møller Nielsen

On 9 Apr., 21:43, "JerryM \(ID\)" wrote:
Did you try it in Classic View?

Yes, and I can only see fax and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" when I
click PRINTER in Classic View

Old April 10th 07, 12:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian Møller Nielsen

I think I didn't explain myself enough.
The problem is when I have to print anything, the computer ask me for
a printer.
If I want to print a page from word, I click the printer icon. The
only devices to choose from in the "print menu" that pops up are fax
and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" No other options are available.
I hope that I have explained myself better this time.

Chr.
www.cmnielsen.dk
www.shortlink.eu

Old April 10th 07, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JerryM \(ID\)

Hi, Christian,

Sorry about the mix-up,
Unplug the USB port first.
Delete all the printer settings and reboot.
Don't plug in the USB port until windows is up and running.again.
When you plug it in, windows should find the correct driver for it.

Good luck,
Jerry

Old April 11th 07, 08:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian Møller Nielsen

"JerryM (ID)" wrote in message

Hi, Christian,

Sorry about the mix-up,
Unplug the USB port first.
Delete all the printer settings and reboot.
Don't plug in the USB port until windows is up and running.again.
When you plug it in, windows should find the correct driver for it.

Good luck,
Jerry

"Christian Møller Nielsen" wrote in message
roups.com...
I think I didn't explain myself enough.
The problem is when I have to print anything, the computer ask me for
a printer.
If I want to print a page from word, I click the printer icon. The
only devices to choose from in the "print menu" that pops up are fax
and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" No other options are available.
I hope that I have explained myself better this time.

Chr.
www.cmnielsen.dk
www.shortlink.eu- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Thanks for yoour help.
I tried to install the driver without the USB cable plugged in, but
VISTA says that I cannot install drivers for USB devices, only devices
for COM or LTP ports.
I called HP support, and they said that VISTA does not have any
drivers for LASERJET yet, but they expect that Microsoft will deliver
one soon. HP are makling their own, but they are not released unill
later this summer (

Chr.
www.cmnielsen.dk
www.shortlink.eu