Old September 24th 07, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
(db)

Default Windows Mobile Device Center - Will Not Install

Sorry for cross-posting. This is, probably, a more-appropriate group.

I've installed a Vista Business 'N' on a PC (new install, old machine) - and
attempted to install the Windows Mobile Device Center Driver Update.

The installation fails - "The update could not be installed because at least
one Windows component required by Windows Mobile Device Center is missing"

WTH???

I have read others having the same issue with Vista Business - but not
having issues with other versions of Vista (ultimate).

There is nothing, as far as I can tell - that says what is missing.

(db)