Old September 25th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
guydel

Default HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in the

According to this very long thread, disabling de HP CUE DeviceDiscovery seems
to be a temporary solution (REDCATTOO has kept is printers for almost a
month).
The guys from MSFT Alan Morris and Ken Zhao seem to be as useless as HP
Support ! They keep asking questions instead of providing solutions. At least
we have a forum so share our experiences. Thanks to everybody, will keep you
informed if it works for me.

"mlai" wrote:

Hi,
Just wondering if anybody has seen this problem. HP claims that they
have not seen this problem (despite I have reported it before...)

I have a Photosmart C6180 installed on my network. Under XP, everything
seems to work fine. However, on my Vista x64 machines, the printer and fax
seems to disappear when there are changes in the network status (for
example, resuming from suspend, and disabling and r-enabling the network
interfaces, even when the interfaces being changed does not connect to the
printer). I would get a Vista error saying that the HP Network Printer
Services has stopped responding and then after this happens, I have a very
good chance that the C6180 printer and fax will disappear from my list of
printers on the machine.

When this happens, the only way is to run the HP software (which I
downloaded from the web for Vista x64) and add a new printer from there.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?

Many thanks.

PS. Called local HP and their tech support gave me the stupid response of
"We don't know. Maybe don't suspend your computer?". I have a laptop
running the software, idiot......