Old September 26th 07, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Chuck [MVP]

Default Logon Unsuccessful

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:34:02 -0700, thehawk
wrote:

I am trying to share several file structures across two PC's in the same
workgroup through my Linksys wireless router. I have shared the files on the
source computer. When I go the Network window. I can see the source computer
as a resource, but when I try to log in, I keep getting the following error
message.

"Logon Unsuccessful: Windows is unable to log you on. Be sure that your
user name and password are correct."

I am certain that the user name and password are correct. I am entering the
Domain\User Name in the User Name field, but I keep getting the same error.
What am I missing?

Is the account in question activated for network access?
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Activate
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0....html#Activate

Is the server running Advanced File Sharing / Password Protected Sharing?
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Advanced
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0....html#Advanced

--
Cheers,