Turning off tap on Synaptics Touchpad

Old April 12th 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim Regan

Default Turning off tap on Synaptics Touchpad

Hi All,
I'm running Vista on a Toshiba Portege M200. The M200 has a Synaptics
Touchpad. I have installed the Synaptics Vista drivers from
http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm (version 9.1.0) since the
Toshiba site doe not list any Vista TouchPad drivers.
Two things are wrong.
Firstly every time I start my laptop I get an error message "The
publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this
software?" for "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTPEnh.exe. Unchecking
the "Always ask before opening this file" check-box has no effect next
time I restart. How do I tell Vista I want the software to run without
the dialog?
Secondly, and more importantly, I need to turn off the 'tap to click'
functionality since I'm forever accidentally clicking things. But the
Synaptics set-up utility does not recognise that I have a Touchpad.
The Device Manager lists a "Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device" but
the Synaptics settings do not give the Touchpad specific options, like
disabling tap.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Tim.

Old November 16th 08, 04:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alstreck

Here you go Bro- a year late (and anyone else who is just now
experiencing this problem)

In a TOSHIBA LAPTOP - When the Synaptics Touchpad stops working in
Windows Vista. You should download the 'Toshiba Value Added Package'
and then launch 'Flash Cards' utility. There is a setting to enable the
Function Keys, and thus enable the Touchpad! Voila.

Enjoy .

--
alstreck