Old September 29th 07, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
John Barnett MVP

Default Anti Virus Protection?

I think the staff in the Computer shop where you purchased your PC need
re-educating. Vista doesn't contain any anti virus software and neither has
any other version of Windows, for that matter. It contains a firewall and
anti spyware software, but that is all.

I suggest you download the 'free' versions of either AVG anti virus
(http://free.grisoft.com) or Avast anti virus (http://www.avast.com)

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"William F. Welner" wrote in message
Does one have to purchase a separate anti Virus program for Windows Vista?

The Computer Shop that sold me my new PC told me that Virus protection is
provided as part of Windows Vista.

Immediately turned the PC on I received a message recommending that I
purchase an anti Virus program.

I am confused. Please provided me advice on the Anti Virus issue.

Bill Welner