Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

ERROR: hl2.exe has stopped working

Old April 13th 09, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Vania[_5_]

Default ERROR: hl2.exe has stopped working

I was also getting this error message i try to follow this steps:-

- Go to the command prompt (hit run and type in cmd.exe)
and type this in:

- *net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service*

- Then you can type this in:

- *net localgroup Administrators*

and Check if *LOCAL NT AUTHORITY/SERVICE* is listed or not, if it is
there then it will worked and finally reboot your PC.

You can also check below links for more details

*http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/833203.htm*
*http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/834971.htm*
*http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1151490.htm*
*http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/779913.htm*

--
Vania
Vania's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76816.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 14th 09, 10:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
salton

If you are using Windows Vista Ultimate or Business editions the follow
this steps:-

- Right click on *My Computer* and then click on *Manage*.

- Now Double click *Users and Groups* and then click on *Groups*.

- Then right click on *Administrators* Option.

- Click on *Add to group* and then click on *Add*,then on *Advanced
Option* and Click on *Find Now*.

- Click *OK*.

- Over here you will see *NT Authority\Local Service*in the list ,
Click on *OK*.

- Finally close Computer Management and reboot your PC.

If the above mention things don't work for you check out the below
links

http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1154457.htm
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/1071390.htm
http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1064737.htm
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1038554.htm

--
salton
salton's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76818.htm

Old May 8th 09, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
DeadCheckR

Easy fix for me. Locate your Steamapps folder and open it. For me the
path was CProgram FilesSteamSteamapps.

Open this folder. Double Click on the folder that is named as your
Steam login. Delete the folder within for the application that is
causing the error. For me I had to delete my "Insurgency" folder. I had
other mods such as Day of Defeat & Team Fortress 2 that had their own
folders but since I did not have any problems with those I just deleted
the the Insurgency folder. Restarted the app after deleting the folder
and no problems. Restarting the app recreated the Insurgency folder with
a fresh hl2.exe in it and I think that is how the problem was resolved.

--
DeadCheckR

Old October 19th 09, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
zach24

Adrole;695334 Wrote:
I had the same problem when I got a new computer with Vista Businiss
x64
opening Portal or TF:2 after a few seconds it would either just close
or
crash.

It did not start like that though for about 2 days it worked fine,
then
it would sometimes crash after playing for a few minutes now it
crashes
before it opens.

I actually just set it as an exception in the DEP for steam which
might
have helped, still need to test it though.

But here is how you can try the same.

Control Panel System And Maintenance System Advanced System
Settings On the Advanced tab go to setting under Performance then
Data Execution Prevention.

You can either try setting it to "Turn on DEP for essential windows
programs and services only"

Or try turning DEP on for all programs and add Steam as an exception.

I haven't tested if it's fully worked yet, but Portal does open now.

--
Adrole

I've Done that and my G-Mod still won't work -.-

--
zach24

Old January 2nd 10, 04:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
tomofpittsburgh

I'm using Vista 64 myself, and I got the same HL2.exe stopped working a
few times. I might also add that I just downloaded Portal today. HL2
is the Half Life 2 engine for portal, and it's in your portal folder. I
just created an exception for it and now it works fine.

--
tomofpittsburgh