I have problems when printing using a shared printer

Old April 13th 07, 05:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conan

Default I have problems when printing using a shared printer

Hello to everybody. I'm from Spain and I have a problem.

I have bought a PC with Windows Vista because I wanted to replace another PC
with Windows 98. Windows 98'PC have a shared printer and I use this printer
to print from other pc with Windows XP. When I installed Windows Vista'PC I
had a problem with the printer. Now I can print with Windows Vista'Pc
(printer is directly connected to this PC) but I can't print with Windows
Xp'PC. Both PC's are in a Network and they are connected to a ADSL router.
¿Con you help me? Thank you very much.
Old April 14th 07, 11:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

First two things:

1) Did you share the printer under Vista? Are you able to share files from
it to XP?

2) Did you remap the network printer path in XP? You know, from
\\Win98\printer to \\WinVista\printer?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old April 15th 07, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conan

Hello:

Thank you very much for your answers.

1. Yes, my printer is shared under Vista. But I can't see it from XP and I
have shared several files in Vista but I don't see them from XP. In addition,
when I use command ping from Vista I have response from Xp but If i use ping
command in XP I haven't response from Vista.

2. Well, it was not necessary because the name of the machine is the same.
But I tried to remap again the printer and XP can't see it so it can't remap
it.

Old April 15th 07, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi Conan,

Click start on the Vista machine and type 'network and sharing center' and
run the entry in the menu, check your settings here. At least the first four
options need to be enabled.

Old April 20th 07, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conan

Hello Rick:

Well, I have done all you said and i have noticed than option number three
is not activated but i don't think it's necesarry because i don't want to
share files. I only want to share a printer. ¿Am I wrong?

Than you very much