Old October 1st 07, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default Partition software

Hi, Luke.

Every Windows since Windows 2000 has included Disk Management
(diskmgmt.msc), which can do almost any partitioning job that you need.
Windows XP added more functions to DM and Vista added even more.

Of course, this doesn't do you much good if you are trying to partition the
system or boot drive you are running at the moment. But if you are
dual-booting or using multiple physical drives, be sure to look at what you
already have before deciding to purchase something.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

"Luke" wrote in message
Hi

does anyone know where I can get some partition software that isn't a
trial that lets me actually partition my hard drive?

luke