Missing letters when typing!!

Old April 15th 07, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Deppfan7962

Default Missing letters when typing!!

I have a brand new Vaio Latop Model # VGN-N250E with an Intellipoint
Wireless Mouse 4000. When on the net (only) works fine when not on the
internet , I type as I normally would and miss seveeral letters, space bar
doesnt work, even when pounding on keys. I have Windows Vista! HELP Can I
disable my touch pad, I dont use it very often, but will likely need to
enable it so that needs to be possible as well.
Old April 15th 07, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

To disable your touchpad, use the VAIO Control Center, or click on
C:\Program Files\Sony\Setting Utility Series\VCCPointingDevice.exe.

Old April 15th 07, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Urbach

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:22:01 -0700, Deppfan7962
wrote:

I have a brand new Vaio Latop Model # VGN-N250E with an Intellipoint
Wireless Mouse 4000. When on the net (only) works fine when not on the
internet , I type as I normally would and miss seveeral letters, space bar
doesnt work, even when pounding on keys. I have Windows Vista! HELP Can I
disable my touch pad, I dont use it very often, but will likely need to
enable it so that needs to be possible as well.

You have a "brand new" defective Vaio keyboard or a key is stuck
down.
Pounding on the keyboard probably voided your warranty and possibly
caused additional damage to the components located beneath (Laptop
keyboards are very thin). I have seen (other brand) keypads fail
because of heavy handed usage found a weak spot in the key trace
layout and caused it to fail after many repeated heavy key strokes on
a particular key (cut through the trace), a layout change fixed this.

Old April 16th 07, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rock

"Deppfan7962" wrote
I have a brand new Vaio Latop Model # VGN-N250E with an Intellipoint
Wireless Mouse 4000. When on the net (only) works fine when not on the
internet , I type as I normally would and miss seveeral letters, space bar
doesnt work, even when pounding on keys. I have Windows Vista! HELP Can I
disable my touch pad, I dont use it very often, but will likely need to
enable it so that needs to be possible as well.

Since this is a new computer have you contacted the tech support for it? If
the hardware is not working they should fix it.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Old July 5th 07, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vu

I am having the same problem with my desktop and laptop. My laptop is brand
new (Toshiba M400 tablet). My desktop worked fine on XP until I installed
Vista. I did noticed however that it seems to worsen in the afternoon as it
gets warmer. First I thought it was my keyboard so it gave me a reason to go
and buy the gyration Media Center and PC Universal Remote but the same thing
occurred. The mouse works great but the keyboard still has the same problem.
I tried using in a microsoft wireless keyboard on my laptop with no
resolutions. Now, I am convince it's a Vista issue. I am glad I am not the
only one having this problem. I hope Microsoft find this problem and fix it.

Best regards

"Deppfan7962" wrote

Old July 5th 07, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vu

I have just found something on the web and hope it will help you. It seems
to helped me. Did you noticed that the missing letters occured when you are
using yahoo mail beta? If this is the case then turn off your chat in the
new Yahoo Mail and that should fix it. To turn off the new chat facility in
Yahoo Beta. Go to top of screen, click on arrow next to yellow smiley face,
then turn off chat. Your typing should now be much better.

Vu

Old June 10th 09, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
iSTATUS

I'm having the same problem now on my desktop. Started 2 days ago.
HELP!! any resolutions???

--
iSTATUS
Old June 10th 09, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Badger[_3_]

Try vacuum cleaner with a brush on the key board, or turn keyboard upside
down and slap the keys to dislodge food particles or dust.

Old June 10th 09, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David B.[_3_]

What same problem? You didn't quote the original post so we have no idea
what your talking about.