Vista Banter

-   -   no sound, sound, no sound (http://www.vistabanter.com/39506-no-sound-sound-no-sound.html)

cheftek April 16th 07 12:00 AM

no sound, sound, no sound

when I cold start the computer ultimate vista keeps installing new sound
driver, digital, but does not install analog driver. I install it get sound.
If I cold start it does it again and I have to reinstall the driver for
analog.

Don April 16th 07 02:05 PM

no sound, sound, no sound

cheftek wrote:
when I cold start the computer ultimate vista keeps installing new sound
driver, digital, but does not install analog driver. I install it get sound.
If I cold start it does it again and I have to reinstall the driver for
analog.

Does Vista say it can't find the analog driver? Your driver cache file
may be corrupt (just a guess): C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1

You can try deleting that file by editing its file permissions to give
Full Control to the Users group.

cheftek April 17th 07 03:40 AM

no sound, sound, no sound

"Don" wrote:

cheftek wrote:
when I cold start the computer ultimate vista keeps installing new sound
driver, digital, but does not install analog driver. I install it get sound.
If I cold start it does it again and I have to reinstall the driver for
analog.

Does Vista say it can't find the analog driver? Your driver cache file
may be corrupt (just a guess): C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1

You can try deleting that file by editing its file permissions to give
Full Control to the Users group.

If doesnt give me any kind of error. It just goes through the process of finding drivers and does not set up analog driver. Just the digital driver. I downloaded the vista driver from realtek and install it but everytime the computer goes to a cold start it reinstalls the driver for the digital but not the analog. so I go through the process again to get analog. I will try the permissions and see if that helps.