Mouse problem

Old April 16th 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Boobay

Default Mouse problem

Greetings,

Did anyone have difficulty with Windows Vista Ultimate noticing your
USB mouse? I've tried two USB optical mice and the plug-n-play is not
even noticing the USB device. The USB port is functional because I've
tried each port with my jumpdrive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby

Old April 18th 07, 06:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sachin Jain

I am also facing the same problem. I tried with DLL USB Optical mouse and
also with Microsoft USB Optical mouse but no use.

Do you any solution, workaournd with you? please suggest.

Thanks
Sachin

ups.com...

Old April 18th 07, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Don

Sachin Jain wrote:
I am also facing the same problem. I tried with DLL USB Optical mouse and
also with Microsoft USB Optical mouse but no use.

I just tried an MS Basic Optical USB mouse which works perfectly. After
I plugged in the mouse Vista took about five seconds or so to wake up
and start looking for the HID device driver, and another fifteen seconds
or so before the mouse started to work.

I see the mouse listed in the Device Manager as HID-compliant mouse, and
the two drivers it uses are the generic mouse driver, mouclass.sys, and
the USB driver mousehid.sys.

What part of this sequence is different in your case?

Old June 29th 07, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mih

Yeah same prob here too!! I've tried many times but it keeps asking for
driver disc!! I dont really knw how can I use my plug-n-play mice!!! if
anyone havin any idea regardin this pls let me knw... thank ya!!

Old June 30th 07, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim Sagstetter

We have tried various brands of wired and wireless mice, including a
wireless keyboard with a built-in thumb mouse, and have had no trouble, even
without any device-specific drivers installed.

Old January 3rd 08, 11:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MaggieH

I have the same problem. The error message is that the device has
malfunctioned but it works perfectly on another machine. I've tried two
different USB mice and they work for a few log ins then stop for ever. It's
getting expensive on mice!
Any suggestions anyone?