Vista 64-bit + Hauppauge PVR-150 = no audio in MC

Old April 16th 07, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DeW itt right

Default Vista 64-bit + Hauppauge PVR-150 = no audio in MC

Installed Vista Home Premium Retail (fresh install) on my existing setup and
the media Center and the tuner worked great! I believe I didn't even use the
drivers from Hauppauge's website, just Vista's drivers.

Then when the 64-bit disc came in the mail, I formatted and installed Vista
64-bit and now everything still works great except for the fact that the TV
in Vista's Media Center has no audio. the picture comes up, channels can
change, you can even pause and record, there's no TV audio. The audio works
fine on everything else (music, video's etc.).

I've installed the tuner in a second XP machine and the audio works fine
(not a hardware issue). The TV is not muted and the system volume is not
muted. I've tried Vista's drivers, Hauppauge's drivers, and hauppauge's older
beta drivers. I've also tried WinTV but it doesn't seem to be Vista 64-bit
compatible yet (at least I can't get it working)
Old April 16th 07, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Have you tried the CD 3.4 drivers and programs?
Supposed to be compatible for both MCE and WinTV and x86 and x64.
Also it is very important that you run the uninstall util and reboot before you
install the newer driver.

Old April 17th 07, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DeW itt right

The 3.4 CD is for the USB devices, I have a PCI card, but I tried it anyway
and no luck. I've also tried the newest 150/500 beta drivers and the beta
WinTV apps and I can't get those to run either. I keep getting a message
about "HCWUTL32.dll was not found". Nothings changed with Vista MC either,
still full functionality with no TV audio.
Old April 17th 07, 12:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DeW itt right

Also, I just remembered it was a PVR-150MCE. Not sure if it's supposed to use
different drivers or not. I tried the drivers form the MCE drivers page at
Hauppauge .com and they're old and not Vista compatible. Pretty sure they're
just for MCE 2005.
Old April 17th 07, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Check this out:
Version 3.4a your card IS listed

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/Promotions/vista.html

I am in the US and these drivers from the UK work PERFECTLY

Old April 17th 07, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

MCE means that it came with the IR receiver and the remote
Both MCE and standard CARDS are identical

Old April 18th 07, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DeW itt right

After you run the cleaner utility and reboot, how do you keep Vista from
automatically detecting and installing the drivers itself? It always installs
the 1/8/07 "out of the box" drivers and offers no way to cancel the
installation. If you go through the Device Manager and tell it to update the
cards driver (even telling it to search for new drivers in the CD 3.4a
directory) it says your Drivers are already up to date and it does not
install the new ones. I could make it install the new ones, but the Driver
directory has a slew of Driver subfolders for all the different products and
there's no telling which is for my particular card.

BTW, I appriciate the help! Hauppauge tech support told me I was on my own
as soon as I mentioned that my Vista was 64-bit! =)
Old April 19th 07, 10:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DeW itt right

Well, I did get it to install the drivers from the 3.4a CD and it actually
installed everything else from the "setup" file (which is a first so far for
any version). WinTV started up, scanned for channels, and the TV came
on....are you ready for this.....with no sound! =(