Old October 8th 07, 07:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Snafubar

Default 4GB RAM???

How many video cards do you have and with how much ram? That will acount for
some of the reduction.

"Derek" wrote:

For some reason Windows Vista on my PC is only reading 2558 MBs of ram of the
4GBs that I have installed and the BIOS reads. It is a 32 bit copy and I
know video cards like to use the system memory, but is that possibly what is
going on here? Seems to be a little much missing.

"Tom Lake" wrote:

"jorgen" wrote in message
JW wrote:
You did not understand the KB article a 32 bit OS can not address memory
over 4GB period.

It depends on how the OS implements PAE. PAE allows for more than 32 bit
of physical memory to be addressed

It also depends on if the motherboard allows it.

Tom Lake