"can't Open kernel mode driver service" error please help!

Old April 17th 07, 12:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Adam4x4x

Default "can't Open kernel mode driver service" error please help!

I've just finished installing Vista on a brand new machine along with the
drivers for my hardware and i keep getting a window popping up called Open
Service saying "can't Open kernel mode driver service". I click OK and
nothing seems to happen, but this window continually comes up! Any ideas?
thanks
Old April 18th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MezencevR

"Adam4x4x" wrote:

I've just finished installing Vista on a brand new machine along with the
drivers for my hardware and i keep getting a window popping up called Open
Service saying "can't Open kernel mode driver service". I click OK and
nothing seems to happen, but this window continually comes up! Any ideas?
thanks

________________________
Hello! You are not alone: I receive the same diag. each time I open a Vista
session
"Can't open kernel mode driver service" I clic OK and I receive, (in french
! ): "No possibility to find information about your card gError". Then
sometimes "no EIO.DLL". Until now I can't find any answer to our problem.
Tell me in case you find something. Thanks. MR:-)

Old April 19th 07, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Adam4x4x

Hello, I discovered the problem, it's because I am using an ASUS graphics
card and vista has some major compatability issues with it I guess. If you
are using "Smartdoctor" or have it installed best to remove it. Oh yeah and
first time I tried to uninstall it it said it was currently running so open
the task manager and close it if that is the case and then uninstall. Hope
this helps mate.

Old April 19th 07, 11:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Adam4x4x

Oops just realised i said it was the graphics card, it is specifically
"Smartdoctor", which is why you need to uninstall it. This is not a driver so
the card will work fine without it.