Old October 14th 07, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default Vista Won't Recognize Burn Function

On 14-Oct-2007, =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=
wrote:

It reads CD and DVD discs without issue, but Vista will not recognize a
blank disc in the drive. In addition, the 'Burn' feature of Windows Media
Player prompts me to 'Connect a Burner and restart the Player'.
3rd-Party burning software works without issue, but Vista will not
natively
recognize the burn function of these drives. Does anyone know how to
enable
the native burn function in Vista?

Same problem here, with a Liteon and LG drives, Google seems
to indicate it's a known problem with no solution. Liteon blame
Microsoft for no drivers, Microsoft say it's a Liteon problem,
contact Liteon support.
Vendor says drives are being returned as defective.
I don't care who's to blame, just want to know how to fix it.
Drive reads ok, can be selected as a source drive, but
not as a burn drive, just not there as a destination in
some burning programs, or just keeps saying insert
disk in others, inserting a disk just gets the same
message.
Help.