Old October 14th 07, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Default Resolution Reset on Startup

some ideas:
1 If you use system on/off switch to turn off your system instead of your
shutdown option then your setting changes are not saved.
2. Do you mean when you start Vista or do you mean when you start Media
Center in Vista?
3. If you mean Media Center then make sure you have told Media Center that
you have a 1280x1024 display.
4, Is the native resolution of the laptop really 1280x1024?
"Jennihul" wrote in message
I have this issue as well and it's been several months since this first
post.
No answers yet? It's very annoying to have to reset the resolution
everytime
I open the lid of my laptop.

JH

"Andy" wrote:

I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why,
but I
have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around,
but I
seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know
how
I can solve this?