Vista Banter

-   -   Bluetooth GPS works only one time (http://www.vistabanter.com/40495-bluetooth-gps-works-only-one-time.html)

Karsten April 20th 07 03:38 AM

Bluetooth GPS works only one time

Hi all,
I am using an Asus GPS-BT100 with Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 on Windows
Vista on my HP Tablet PC. The PC has buildin bluetooth capablilities.

If I add the device in the "bluetooth devices", S&T can connect to it and
displays my current location. If I close S&T and later reopen it, S&T can not
connect to the device anymore. Although "Bluetooth devices" window says that
it is connected to the device! (It disconnects as soon as I close S&T!)

I tried to open the COM port of the GPS device with Hyperterminal but was
not able. It times out.

However, I can remove the device in "bluetooth devices" and add it again. It
then assigns a new COM port to it and it works again for only one time. Any
ideas?

Many thanks,
Karsten

John June 20th 07 10:29 PM

Bluetooth GPS works only one time

I came here looking for an answer to this exact problem. Has anyone figured
this out? I seem to have this same issue with the port for my PDA.

Charlie August 18th 07 01:24 PM

Bluetooth GPS works only one time

I have the same problem. I've tried changing ports, buffering speed and
nothing seems to work. I have the Holux M-1000 bluetooth receiver, Streets
2006, and HP Tablet PC with Vista Home Premium. I've also tried Streets
2007. The reciever seems to work with the GPS viewer software that came with
it. Have you figured it out yet?

Charlie

Karsten August 18th 07 11:50 PM

Bluetooth GPS works only one time

Charlie,
no I haven't figured it out. But since I lost my GPS receiver, I don't have
a problem any more... ;-(

Karsten