Old October 18th 07, 08:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default please help! dvd burner recognized only as a DVD ROM

On 18-Oct-2007, =?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBU?=
wrote:

MS is still researching
the problem but it has been 2 weeks and no fix. I was wondering if anyone
else has had similar problems or knows of anything else to try. Any
suggestions are appreciated.

Same problem, Liteon drive, no fix, Vista pain in the arse,
many programs won't install, many hardware devices
printers/scanners not supported under Vista Ultimate
64bit. 4GB RAM not fully seen.
Usual Microsoft rushed to market, buggy release.
Time to switch to Linux methinks.
I'm fed up with all the hype, this is the marvelous
all singing all dancing release that you have all been
waiting for, doesn't look like it to me.